The work of the Employability Enhancement Theme ran from 2004 in parallel with the Flexible Delivery Theme.
The Employability Theme aimed to:
- raise the profile of employability, including its benefits to students, employers and academic staff
- create a clearer understanding of what is meant by employability
- encourage and provide assistance for the Scottish higher education sector in developing institutional employability strategies
- aid the embedding of employability within the curriculum
- implement its strategy in parallel with work on Personal Development Planning (PDP) as part of the Effective Learning Framework project.
The work of the Employability Enhancement Theme continues through the Scottish Higher Education Enhancement Forum (SHEEF).