The Research Teaching Linkages Enhancement Theme considered how best links between research strategies and activities, at institutional and programme level, can support the student learning experience in ways that can enhance the achievement of research-type attributes.
The Research Teaching Linkages steering committee started work in July 2006.
The Theme concentrated on:
- the progressive development of these types of skills and attributes from the beginning of undergraduate learning
- how best to support the achievement of such attributes through utilising research and creative, academic and performance work to inform the:
- teaching, learning and assessment activities
- learning environment.
The Theme also adopted a wide view and definition of what is meant by the term 'research', which includes:
- practice/consultancy led research
- research of local economic significance
- contributions to the work of associated research institutes or other universities
- various types of practice-based and applied research including performances, creative works, and industrial or professional secondments.