Queen Margaret University plans to develop a detailed map of transition points and processes in the student journey at QMU and the practices that support their students through them. This map will then be used to shape the second and third year of the theme, where funded institutional projects will take place to develop new proposals of how to improve student transitions within the university.
The institutional lead is Jo Rowley.
- Identity and belonging
- Change and resilience
- Gathering and studying literature about the themes
- Gathering student input on their impressions of the transition processes
- Professional Services Review with transition as a guiding focus
- Developing a detailed map of transition points and processes in the student journey
- Holding a university transition-themes conference
Year 2 and 3
- Undertake institutional projects, to see how the transition process is handled and how new processes can be developed and existing ones enhanced
- Invite bids for funded projects