The University of the West of Scotland (UWS) will focus on five themes within student transitions: FE/HE articulation; Transition between levels and progression to honours/PG study; Transitions into and back from Work Based Placement; International student transitions and Student mobility transitions.
As part of the work into these topics, UWS will scope previous and existing transitions work and identify gaps. It will fund projects to address any of these gaps and identify work for subsequent years. As the theme progresses, UWS will adopt and embed practices which support positive transition experiences. Models will be developed to support a cohesive approach to a variety of student transitions experiences, and these will be shared across the institution.
The institutional lead is Marcella Kean.
- FE/HE articulation
- Transition between levels eg L7 to L8; L9 and progression to honours/PG study
- Transitions into and back from Work Based Placement
- International student transitions (inward/outward/TNE)
- Student mobility - Erasmus
- Scoping of previous and existing transitions work in UWS
- Identification of gaps in key theme areas
- Funding of starter projects to address gaps and identify work for subsequent sessions
- Identification of potential collaboration(s) across the sector
- Dissemination at UWS Learning and Teaching Conference - June 2015
- Progress Year 1 activities
- Adopt and embed practices which support positive transition experiences.
- Models will be developed to support a cohesive approach to a variety of student transitions experiences
- Proactively develop external collaborations
- Dissemination at UWS Learning and Teaching Conference
- Implemented models identified in Year 2 activities
- Evaluating the effect of the changes made within UWS
- Student transitions dissemination event will be hosted to showcase the achievements over the 3 years of the theme
- Dissemination of practice identified