For the second year of the Theme, the University is focusing on support for international student transitions. They will undertake a scoping project reviewing existing international transitions support across the University, identifying good practice as well as gaps in provision. QAA funding will enable the University to employ a Research Assistant to work on this project part time for six months and, in doing so, generate their evidence base for enhancement of practice in this area.
The institutional lead is Julie Fotheringham.
- Scoping project on international transitions support
- Workshops in Schools – student stories of international transitions
- Collaborative activity
- Staff and student engagement with the Theme
- Continuing to disseminate and draw up an acton plan in Schools for sharing best practice and addressing gaps in provision
- Deliver international transitions workshops in remaining Schools
- Involve students in multi-media production for the end of the Theme and identify further student-led projects