Glasgow Caledonian University’s strategic aims for the Student Transitions Enhancement Theme are to develop greater institutional awareness of the complexity of transition as a change process and its impact on the student experience, and to develop effective institutional responses to support GCU students make the transition into, through and out of GCU.
For the second year of the Theme, GCU has recruited several Enhancement Theme Scholars who will lead specific projects looking at different aspects of student transitions at GCU. GCU is also putting more of a focus onto postgraduate student transitions.
The institutional lead is Alison Nimmo.
- Abertay University
- Abertay will provide external peer reviewer for Enhancement Theme Scholar projects
- Heriot-Watt University
- Provided guidance and support to Heriot Watt on student transition into HE and wider student experience practice related to student transition
- SAGE (Student Action on Engagement) to produce a summary of how £2,000 of allocated Theme funds have been allocated
- Programme Leader Annual Event on Student Transition with a focus on the postgraduate student experience
- GCU Student Summit to focus on postgraduate student transitions
- Support GCU Enhancement Theme Scholars
- Inter-institutional collaboration with Abertay University and Heriot-Watt University
- Develop student and staff support to manage the process of transition to online learning
- Develop online resources to support staff to facilitate student transition to online learning
- Enhance postgraduate taught transitions support
- Enhance transitions through and out of HE
- Embed examples of student collaborative activity and hold dissemination event
- Support Students Association to roll out their new transition support for postgraduate students