Glasgow School of Art (GSA) is aiming to ensure that the student transitions work will have significant impact and ensure the enhancement of the student experience into, through and out of GSA successfully and effectively.
Their work in the second year of the theme will focus on transitions through higher education, it looks specifically at a mix of cross-GSA and embedded activities within each schools’ curriculum aimed at facilitating transitions of a ‘stepping up’ nature or a deliberate ‘moving out of a known comfort zone’.
The institutional lead is Vicky Gunn.
- A focus on Transitions Through
- Examples of good practice relating to supporting students through stages of their learning to be shared across the School
- The development of principles around the ‘stepping up’ of learning at GSA to be clearly articulated (with an ultimate aim of improving student experience of these stages)
- Will focus on Transitions Out
- Will pull all of the work together from the perspective of the outcomes of a GSA education