The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland is focusing much of its Theme work on developing support for students from widening access backgrounds and those in need of mental health support. The RCS Students’ Union is also leading development of a new student transitions online portal.
The institutional lead is Andrew Comrie.
- Developing transitions support model for students from marginalised, SIMD 20/40 and care experienced background.
- Develop transitions support for students living with mental health disabilities, building on initial findings from 2014-15.
- Student-led development of a Student Transitions online ‘Portal’
- Developing a transitions support model for students from marginalised, SIMD 20/40 and care experienced background and share with other interested HEIs through collaboration
- Embedding lessons learnt from the Transitions work including the mental health transitions support model into the UG Curriculum as part of their UG curriculum review.
- Transitions support for PhD research students into employment
- Integrating their Student Transitions Portal with the new Student and Staff portal
- Participate in national theme events and conferences
- Produce final report and multi-media output.