SRUC will continue to focus on three key areas of student transitions: employability; transitions within SRUC’s flexible HN/degree programmes; and transitions from employment to study. Within these key areas SRUC will identify and share current good practice, and determine issues or gaps requiring appropriate action.
SRUC are now focusing on several specific projects in the second year of the Theme.
The institutional lead is Lesley Howie.
- Work with the SRUC Students’ Association on their “Careers” project as outlined in their Student Partnership Agreement
- Analyse external examiner reports to identify the embedding of the SRUC graduate attributes.
- There will be additional focus on encouraging and supporting transitions within SRUC, often involving a change of campus
- Consideration of how the Developing Scotland’s Young Workforce report could be linked to the Student Transitions Enhancement Theme
- Development of work around digital literacy and distance learning
- Continue engagement of staff and students with the Theme
- Ongoing work on standardisation of delivery of SQA Units across campuses
- Providing timely and effective feedback on assessments and engaging students with this feedback
- Ensure there are a range of effective supporting mechanisms in place for transfer of students and staff from Edinburgh College and North East Scotland College
- Draw together SRUC’s engagement with the Theme