The University of Dundee plans to focus on specific topics within student transitions each year through several projects. The work undertaken on these topics will all consider the definitions of the transition in question, what constitutes a successful transition (from multiple perspectives), and good models for that transition.
In the second year of the Theme, the University will expand on the areas of its work to include an exploration of postgraduate transitions, placements and student engagement with maths and stats. The University has developed several different areas of collaboration with other universities in Scotland as a central part of its work.
The institutional lead is Lorraine Anderson.
- Development of a learning resource for the new PG Certificate in Academic Practice in Higher Education
- Development of a new credit-bearing module on Student Transitions
- Exploration of student engagement with maths & stats as a transitional experience
- Placements as a transitional experience project
- The longitudinal studies on holistic transition support for first year students and the transition from college to university will continue.
- Exploration of postgraduate student transitions
- Continuation of the Student Placements project and longitudinal studies.
- Consolidation of learning from collaborative activity undertaken in 2015-16.
- Completion of the institutional Student Transitions map.
- Internal staff-student event to reflect learning on the Theme over the previous years.