The University of the West of Scotland (UWS) will focus on five themes within student transitions: FE/HE articulation; Transition between levels and progression to honours/PG study; Transitions into and back from Work Based Placement; International student transitions and Student mobility transitions.
As part of the work into these topics, UWS have scoped previous and existing transitions work and identify gaps and it is funding projects to address any of these gaps.
The institutional lead is Marcella Kean.
- Focus on their key themes
- Complete UWS mapping exercise and use the information to provide an internal picture and to help inform the Enhancement Themes national mapping exercise.
- Utilise institutional data and analytics and to link into strategic initiatives identify and address gaps in UWS activities through collaborative engagement across the sector and beyond.
- Work in partnership with their colleagues in the Students’ Association
- Rolling out and evaluating the effect of the changes made across our transitional episodes.
- Sharing practice across and beyond the institution through UWS L&T conference and a UWS Student Transitions Dissemination event that will be hosted to showcase the achievements over the 3 years of the Theme.
- Ensuring a sustainable infrastructure to support the collection, monitoring and sharing of Transitions activities across the institution through the development of a database and dedicated SharePoint site.