Scotland’s Rural College (SRUC) is focusing activities in three priority areas, employability, key progression points and returning to learning. In the final year of the Theme much of this work will continue within its curriculum departments, building on progress made over the past two years. Activities within these three priority areas should now be evident both at programme and department level in the quality enhancement plans which result from the institution’s annual monitoring and review processes.
During the final year of the Theme, SRUC has planned to continue to support projects that link to the Student Transitions Theme and plans to fund a number of projects, particularly encouraging student-led projects. It is expected that the final area of project activity is undertaken by departments, and therefore should involve staff from all campuses.
Dissemination and promoting the use of a range of good practice which has resulted from the projects and activities in Year 1 and 2 of the Theme has been identified as a key priority area for the final year of the Theme.
The institutional lead is Lesley Howie.
- Continue Enhancement Theme developmental activities from the first two years of the Theme
- Support internal projects linked to the Student Transitions Enhancement Theme
- Roll out outputs from the School Engagement project, which was initially focussed in the Aberdeen campus, across all SRUC campuses and ensure parity of information when establishing partnership working with schools interested in developing rural based curriculum
- Disseminate and promote the use of a range of good practices which has resulted from projects and activities undertaken through the Enhancement Theme in the past two years;
- Carry out planned collaborative activities.
Student Commentary on case studies developed during the Theme
Scotland’s Rural College has provided student commentaries to five case studies submitted during the first and second year of the Student Transitions Enhancement Theme.
Student Transitions: Multimedia Resources
Scotland’s Rural College has produced a short video around transitions that students experience at SRUC.
Watch the video