During the Theme, the University of Dundee considered the definitions of student transition and what makes a successful transition. The University also reflected on the best model for that transition.
In the first year of the Theme, the University focused on specific topics including:
- transition support for first year undergraduate students
- the transition from college to university and the student experience of placements.
In year two, the University explored postgraduate transitions and student engagement with maths and statistics. They were also involved in developing collaboration activities with other Universities in Scotland.
The University focused on six main streams of work during the final year of the Theme, including:
- postgraduate transitions
- ‘focus on’ student group-specific transitions
- completion of the University’s Student Transitions map
- a student transitions event for staff and students
- continuing collaborative work and creating their institutional multi-media artefact.