Over the three years of the Enhancement Theme, the University of the Highlands and Islands focused on three main areas of transition:
- curriculum for excellence and transitions from school
- a more flexible first year and transition into Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) level 8
- transitions to work.
These areas were already part of the University's core activities and the Theme helped to develop these further.
In the final year of the Theme, the University provided funding to support four projects:
- student transitions and attainment
- transitions from further education to employment, higher education and apprenticeships
- transition and inductions
- transitions to Masters level.
Key areas of work
Employability and skills, colleges and articulation, application and first year, honours, transition and induction, transition to postgraduate taught.