QAA Scotland’s 4th international enhancement conference will take place on 3 and 4 June 2020, at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Glasgow’s city centre.
We will welcome 450 delegates from around the world, with the common goal of enhancing higher education strategy, policy and practice. The 2020 conference will centre on four key questions:
- How can we use evidence to support decision-making?
- What counts as valid evidence?
- How can we ensure we are working in partnership with students to generate and understand evidence?
- How can we ensure that we are using evidence ethically?
Plenary sessions, papers and workshops will allow delegates to explore five key conference strands:
- Understanding student demographics, retention, progression and success
- Using big data to enhance learning and teaching and the student experience
- Creating and valuing evidence beyond numbers
- Empowering staff and students to use evidence
- Supporting employability and the development of graduate skills.
The conference will be of interest to colleagues working within higher education including:
- institutional policy decision makers
- higher education leaders
- heads of quality
- planners, strategists and data practitioners
- academics, practitioners and professional service staff
- students, student representatives and students’ association staff, and
- representatives from national and international quality assurance agencies.
Our call for proposals is now closed. All submitted proposals will now be peer-reviewed, and selected on the basis of providing a relevant, engaging and varied programme for the conference. Sessions will be confirmed in January 2020.
Find out more
To learn more about what you can look forward to when you join us in June 2020, watch our highlights video from QAA Scotland’s 3rd international enhancement conference.