Building connection: The role of enhancement in embracing 'relationship-rich education' - event registration now open
|Date:||April 3 - 2023|
In June 2018, Professor Peter Felten shared a keynote address at QAA Scotland’s 3rd International Enhancement Conference, ‘Inspiring excellence - transforming the student experience’, in which he challenged colleagues to consider how we can use learning, relationships, expectations, alignment, improvement and leadership to support the enhancement of the student experience.
In this session, sector colleagues will be welcomed to take part in a conversation with Professor Felten as well as Professor Leo M. Lambert and students from Elon University and Abertay University on the role of relationship building to foster and improve student success. Drawing lessons from Professor Felten and Professor Lambert’s most recent book, Relationship-Rich Education: How human connections drive success in college, the conversation will explore themes of resilience, the value of community, and the role of enhancement in supporting student success.
- Professor Clare Peddie, Proctor, University of St Andrews
- Professor Peter Felten, Executive Director of the Center for Engaged Learning, Assistant Provost for Teaching and Learning, and Professor of History, Elon University
- Professor Leo M. Lambert, Professor of Education and President Emeritus, Elon University
- Amaya Gaines, Elon University
- Robyn Thiel, Abertay University