The Flexible Delivery Enhancement Theme ran alongside the Employability Theme from 2004. The aims of this Enhancement Theme was to:
- address the need to create a learning environment that improves the efficiency and effectiveness of the Scottish higher education sector
- take forward the learner-centred agenda
- transform the way higher education institutions in Scotland considered flexible delivery in programme delivery, learning and curriculum design.
There were three strands of work carried out during the Flexible Delivery Enhancement Theme:
- a global scan of case studies from key institutions that have established expertise in innovative methods of flexible delivery
- a series of five workshops, exploring different strategic aspects of flexible delivery
- six commissioned development projects.