Just Graduated? What Next? Try our MOOC
|Date:||June 1 - 2020|
Life beyond university can be full of opportunity, but it may feel more challenging in the current climate. Perhaps you have had to change your plans and now feel less certain about the future. Or maybe you are still looking for that moment of career inspiration. Whatever stage you are at, this free online course can help with moving you closer to career success. Covering a broad range of topics, but with a clear focus on short tasks and positive action, the course aims to answer that important question, ‘What Next?’
For the past 18 months our Developing Graduate Support in Scotland collaborative cluster has been taking forward work to gain a better understanding of the needs of students and graduates. This work led to the development of a MOOC which was tested in February 2020 with almost 100 graduates. The content has been refreshed and is delivered in a practical, focused and lively way that will help participants to:
- Understand and articulate their key skills, attributes, and unique selling points
- Reflect on the experiences which have shaped them so far in their life and career and learn how to articulate them
- Identify relevant sources of labour market information and intelligence, and learn tools and techniques which can them to match what they have to offer with these opportunities
- Begin or continue career planning activities, which they will continue to use and develop throughout their career
- Engage in discussion with their peers to share experiences.
Scottish graduates will be entering a labour market that has been deeply affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, not only in the UK but globally. Now, more than ever, there is a need for accessible support for finalists and graduates. Please encourage your final year students and graduates to visit Just Graduated? What Next? to support them taking the next steps in transitioning out of study.
If you plan to use the resource, please get in touch with us at ARCadmin@qaa.ac.uk and let us know how!