Our three-year Enhancement Theme, Evidence for Enhancement: Improving the Student Experience, launched in October 2017. The Theme will reflect on data that is available within the Scottish sector to help us understand what we do well and what we could improve. We aim to identify:
- any issues that will benefit from intervention
- help prioritise interventions to improve the student experience
- evaluate the effectiveness of those interventions, including reporting on the ways in which the student experience is improving.
The sector will engage with the Theme through many different projects covering a range of activities and topics.
Projects by activity
Collaborative clusters provide institutions with the opportunity to work together on areas of shared interests which have the potential of adding value for the whole sector once complete. Six exciting and varied projects are running in 2018-19. Two of the collaborative clusters (The Creative Disciplines and Learning analytics) are continuing to progress work started in year one of the Theme.
All Scottish institutions engage with the sector-wide activity and choose topics that align with their own priorities and interests. The projects currently include:
HE Planners activity
Institutions will take forward their interests and priorities working in partnership with students. We will share outcomes and learning from this work, which will be beneficial to the whole sector.
- Planning, progress and sector overview
- Institutional case studies - coming in 2019
- Evaluation of the Theme - coming in 2019
Projects by topic
How the Theme is organised
Want to know more?
You can get in touch with QAA Scotland for details of all Theme events and related activities. You can also sign up to the Quality Enhancement Newsletter and follow us on Twitter.