As part of the Enhancement Theme, we hosted a webinar series that engaged with sector leaders and experts. These webinars considered the use of different types of data (both quantitative and qualitative) in a variety of contexts.
During 2018-19, our webinars attracted over 300 attendees. Around half were from Scottish institutions and students' associations. We also welcomed attendees from all over the UK as well as Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Ecuador, Hong Kong, Ireland, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Trinidad and Tobago, and the USA.
For each webinar there is a video of the session (capturing participant chat alongside the slides and audio). The slides are also downloadable in PowerPoint format. Other resources in Word format include:
- A guide to producing digital stories
- An example participant information sheet and consent form for digital storytelling
- An ethical checklist for digital storytelling
- A template for constructing new orders of evidence
- A case study showing how appreciative inquiry can be used to interrogate NSS data
- A case study based on fictionalised NSS data
- A summary of four key findings on using learning analytics
- A guide to using statistical significance to interpret NSS results
- A guide to engaging students with KPIs, surveys, and focus groups
- Annotated bibliographies.